Call Jen on - 07956 557702
Email -

Getting Started

You’re approaching 17!

So what are you waiting for?  You can apply for your provisional licence three months before your 17th birthday or 16th birthday if you are disabled and receiving the higher rate disability living allowance.  Pick up a D1 form from the post office and send it to the DVLA.  Then once your licence has arrived and you're 17, you can legally drive a car on public roads in the UK, you could even book your 1st lesson for your actual birthday, what a fantastic birthday present!

If you are already 17 you can apply for your licence straight away!

Check your eyesight!

Before you start learning, make sure you can read a number plate in good daylight from 20.5 metres away – that's about five car lengths. For the new-style number plates (that were introduced on September 2001), the distance is 20 metres. If you wear glasses or contacts, that's ok, just make sure you always wear them when driving.

Get your 'L' plates!

When you're learning, you'll need to put 'L' plates (or 'D' plates in Wales) on the front and the back of your car – somewhere they can be seen easily. 

You're only allowed to drive with someone who's:

  1. Passed their test.
  2. Is over 21
  3. Has been driving for three years or more.

Your 'L' plates also have to meet legal specification - so buy them rather than trying to make some yourself. Whenever the car is driven by someone who’s passed, the plates need to come off or be covered up.

Book your lessons!

Got everything sorted?  So don’t delay, call me today and book in some lessons with U Can Drive 2!








Click HERE for a guide to getting started.



For help with your Theory Test click HERE




For those that want to learn more about driving.